About Bixby Electric
Bixby Electric, Inc. is a New Mexico Corporation engaged in electrical construction, testing, and service. The company's main office and yard are located in Albuquerque with an area of operation spanning the state of New Mexico and the Western Navajo Reservation in Arizona. The company began operations in Ft. Sumner, New Mexico in the late 1970s and was incorporated as Bixby Electric, Inc. in 1988.
Our areas of construction include industrial, commercial and infrastructure electrical installations. Our construction specialties include airfield lighting and NAVAID installations; traffic signalization, and roadway and sports lighting; industrial electrical, including water and wastewater installations; health care facilities; Intelligent Transportation Systems; directional boring and vertical drilling; lighting retrofits; solar energy; and medium voltage installations, including plant, underground, and overhead distribution.
Our Service Departments provide service and maintenance not only to industrial, commercial, and residential customers, but also provide airfield lighting, traffic signal, and roadway lighting maintenance and emergency service to state and local agencies. Additionally, many of our construction and service technicians maintain MSHA certifications for mine and pit work.
Bixby Electric also provides infrared and other electrical equipment testing; power quality and ARC Flash studies; and commissioning services for its clients, both private and government.
As for Safety, our current EMR is under 1.0. We take it seriously, and consider strong safety consciousness to be integral to our values.
Bixby is a member of both the Northern New Mexico Independent Electrical Contractors Association (NNMIEC) and the Associated Contractors of New Mexico (ACNM). The company utilizes the four year apprenticeship training program of the NNMIEC to provide training for its indentured electrical apprentices.
start off 2018 with a bang, by joining our amazing team!
Current Career opportunities
To express interest or inquire in regards to any of the below listed positions, use the 'apply now' button below to email a resume and/or interest letter.
ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER - Updated jan 2 2018
Bixby Electric is a long established Albuquerque-based electrical contractor providing commercial, industrial, and infrastructure electrical construction, service, and maintenance throughout New Mexico, Southern Colorado and parts of West Texas.
Our Project Managers must be able to manage multiple projects of up to five million dollars from pre-construction through completion. They oversee the contract administration; purchase major and long-lead time material; maintain project schedules and cost control; estimate change orders when required; and negotiate project and customer concerns. Project Managers must represent the values of the company.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years of project management experience or an equivalent combination of experience and a construction related degree
- Proficiency in construction software, including Microsoft Office, estimating, project management, and scheduling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, management, and leadership abilities.
- Must present themselves in a professional manner, and demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong industry relationships.
- Some estimating experience.
- Infrastructure electrical and distribution experience is preferred, but not required.
- Salary and benefits are competitive.
Service electrician- updated jan 3 2018
We are currently seeking an Electrician - EE98J Commercial And Industrial Service Electrician! You will strive to provide safe electrical systems for a variety of customers.
- Install and repair electrical equipment and fixtures
- Install various types of raceway and cable tray systems
- Troubleshoot motor and control systems
- Perform routine maintenance on electrical wiring and systems
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes
- EE98J Electrical License
- Ability to pass a drug screen and back ground check
- Drivers License with reasonable driving record
- 2 years experience in electrical service and or trouble shooting
- Familiarity with electrical equipment and hand tools
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
senior estimator - posted jan 3 2018
Commercial, Industrial and Utility Electrical Contractor is seeking qualified candidates for Estimating position
Work ranges in size and scope between $50 thousand and $3 million.
Ideal candidates will have 3 to 5 years combined project management and estimating experience preferably with the electrical specialty.
A career with upward career mobility/ownership potential with excellent benefits is available to those with the ambition and fortitude to show their merit through performance.
- 3-5 years project managing and or estimating
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Competency with OSHA and DOT safety requirements
- Accubid, Sage, Timberline and Excel software experience
- Good communication with General, Field Leadership, Internal and External Customers
- Ability to work with a collaborative team with respectful culture